The school lays great emphasis on health and hygiene, security of the school and its occupants. Water Testing, Health and Hygiene and sanitation are monitored very regularly. The sale of spicy and oily junk food as well as aerated cold drinks is prohibited. Regular Medical check – ups, including Dental and Eye Check-up are organized twice a year. Specialists visit the school for special medical check- ups.
All the parents are requested to impart Health Awareness to their children so that they:
- Maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails, regular hair cut & being neat on a regular basis.
- Students should exercise regularly
- Sleep for at least eight hours daily.
- Have a nutritionally balanced diet.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered.
- Avoid excess consumption of ice-creams, chocolates and eatables fromroad-side vendors.
- Get dental and ophthalmic check up done once a year by a specialist.
- All children should be dewormed at least once a year. Advice to betaken from the family physician.
- Immunize the child as per schedule given below:
Hepatitis – B
- Oral polio (to be completed before entry to the school)
- DT – at 5 years of age
Tetanus – Booster dose to be given between 7-16 years of age and also to be given if injured.
Typhoid (preferably once a year)
Cholera (in the month of March)
10. Report to the School authorities at once, and do not send your ward to the school till a fitness certificate is obtained from the doctor. If found with any of the above infections.
11. Students suffering from infectious diseases like Conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies etc. should not be sent to the school.
12. Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Rheumatic heart diseases etc., are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a specialist Doctor. History of their illness must be filled up in the Almanac along with the treatment being taken.