EXAMINATION & EVALUATION SYSTEM
The aim of education should be to convert the mind into a living fountain and not a reservoir.king of kings School CBSE is committed to its , prime aim of developing the overall personality of the student in a healthy congenial atmosphere.
Examination and Evaluation are essential to assess a child’s learning process and to ensure that real learning has taken place. In an era of educational reforms the school has so designed its evaluation system that there is a paradigm shift from’ teaching to test’ to ‘ holistic assessment’ . The Evaluation System of the school encompasses the whole child and involves repeated observations of their activities and skills like:-psycho-motor, gross & fine motor,cognitive, aesthetic, etc. These are then assessed and evaluated on a daily basis by the teacher. So, the Evaluation in the school is a Bi-directional process between teacher and student to enhance , recognize and respond to the learning.
The Evaluation or assessment is administered by the teachers and is ardently taken by the learners on the conclusion of a period of learning.
The Pre-Primary Wing provides a homely environment where learning is made fun. To unravel inherent talent in students and groom them to develop a constructive line of thought, various co-curricular activities such as singing ,dancing, colouring, origami, paper cutting, clay modeling, painting, dramatics, sports, computer learning, group activities etc. are organized.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR NUR & LKG
The students are assessed on the basis of class performance and day to day activities in the school. There is no formal testing for these classes.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR CLASSES UKG, I & II
- The academic session is divided into two terms, Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
- There is a continuous and comprehensive evaluation based on worksheets, projects, home Assignments in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas. The students are awarded stars on the basis of their performance.
- Promotion to the next class is based upon the child’s overall performance in the scholastic and co-scholastic areas during the session
- A detailed profile of the same is communicated to the parents from time to time.
EVALUATION SCHEME FOR PRIMARY WING
- The academic session is divided into two terms – I Term from April to September and II Term from October to March.
- Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the four main subjects i.e. English Tamil, Maths and E.V.S. in each term. The performance in all the assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
- Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals will be regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
PRIMARY WING EXAMINATION
- The academic session is divided into two terms – Term I from April to September and Term II from October to March.
- Periodic Assessments are conducted on every Friday.
- Continuous assessment of the student is maintained on the basis of three written assessments that are conducted for the main subjects i.e. English ,Tamil, Maths, Science and Social Studies in each term. The performance in all the assessments in both the terms is consolidated at the end of the session in the form of a final Progress Report.
- Assignments, activities, dictations, projects/ models and orals are regularly conducted along with the written Assessments.
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to carry the required notebook on the day of assessment. Monthly planner is given to the students well in advance covering every month’s syllabus.
EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION SCHEME -CLASSES VI
Education, as a planned endeavour , should aim at making children capable of becoming active , responsible , productive and caring members of the society. It is therefore, deemed essential that it must promote and nourish a wide range of capacities and skills in learners.
Classes VI to IX: The examination for academic year 2019-20 will be conducted as per the remodeled assessment structure following the latest CBSE directives for classes VI – IX which includes three major categories i.e. Scholastic ,
Co scholastic and Discipline
Each Session comprises of two Terms:
Term 1: April to September
Term 2: October to March
students would be assessed on a continuous basis through series of Periodic Tests and Term Examination.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLASSES VI-IX
- Periodic Test shall be conducted on every Friday as per the schedule given in the Test Series.
- Every student is expected to maintain in record at least 75% attendance during the year.
- It is mandatory for the students to appear in the Terminal Examination. In case a student misses his / her Term Exam on medical grounds or any mishap in the family, the students will be tested for the same on a later date.
- The exemption from weekly test shall be only on medical grounds or due to mishap in the family provided the leave application reaches on the day of absence.
- The application for the same must be submitted within 24 hours and medical certificate within 48 hours. The medical certificate furnished must indicate the disease and the dates of rest period suggested. In case of contagious disease or prolonged illness medical certificate must indicate quarantine period.
- No interim leave shall be granted on the test day. Students should refrain from coming to school in case of sickness.
- No neutralization will be done in case the student misses the Weekly Test / Term Examination for any other reason. In such cases the student be marked ‘ZERO’.
- Promotion of a student to the next class shall be based on cumulative performance.
- It shall be mandatory for the students to qualify in all major subjects.
- For the students of Classes VI to IX, the performance will be reflected in percentage and Grades as per the eight point scale given below: